Friday, March 30, 2012

Is this valid query? Query builder hangs


Hi,

I'm trying to display previous year's last month inventory beside current month inventory
by

with MEMBER [Measures].[CF Inventory] as
([DM TIME].CurrentMember.Parent.PrevMember.LastChild,[Measures].[Inventory])

SELECT

{ [Measures].[CF Inventory], [Measures].[Inventory] } ON COLUMNS,

NON EMPTY { ([DM City].[City].[CityA], [DM TIME].[YEAR].[YEARA], [DM TIME].[MONTH].[MONTHA], [DM WH].[DM WH].[WHA]) } ON ROWS

FROM [Cube]

When I try to parse this query the tool hangs.

Should I change [Measures].[CF Inventory] definition as

(ParallelPeriod([DM Time].[Year]).LastChild, [Measures].[Inventory])

Thanks
Rasyq

I do not think this is a valid query.

In your calculated measure you have a reference to [DM TIME].CurrentMember, but if you are using SSAS 2005, then you cannot do <dimension>.CurrentMember, you have to use <dimension>.<hierarchy>.CurrentMember. So I assume that you meant something like [DM TIME].[MONTHA].CurrentMember.

To answer your second question, yes, personally I would think that the parallel period approach is better as I think it more clearly expresses your intent (although I think both options should return the same result).

No comments:

Post a Comment