Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is this the correct group to post problems about proxy accounts?

I have already posted this but have not received an answer.
Hi there,
I have set the proxy user details using
xp_sqlagent_proxy_account 'set' and the command completes successfully, so
the logon details are correct. I have also logged onto the server using
those details just to make sure and that works OK. However, when I fire a
trigger that is making a call to xp_cmd_shell, I get the message "Logon
failure: unknown user name or bad password" Anyone know what the issue is
here?
This is SQL Server 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4.Try resetting the proxy account using the user and password
you can log in with - the easiest way to reset is to select
the properties of SQL Server Agent, on the Job Control tab,
click on Reset Proxy Account.
-Sue
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:17:40 +0100, "Waldy"
<waldy@.notmail.com> wrote:

>I have already posted this but have not received an answer.
>Hi there,
> I have set the proxy user details using
>xp_sqlagent_proxy_account 'set' and the command completes successfully, so
>the logon details are correct. I have also logged onto the server using
>those details just to make sure and that works OK. However, when I fire a
>trigger that is making a call to xp_cmd_shell, I get the message "Logon
>failure: unknown user name or bad password" Anyone know what the issue is
>here?
>This is SQL Server 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment